FOUNDERGUARD® reduces the risk of laminitis in horses and ponies when fed in conjunction with high grain diets.
RECOMMENDED FOR USE ON
- Horses on high grain diets e.g. gallopers, pacers, eventers and show hacks
- Horses grazing lush pastures particularly during spring and autumn when sugar levels in pasture are high
- Young horses being prepared for sales e.g. high grain-low exercise animals
- Horses that have suffered from laminitis or founder in the past
- Horses undergoing a change in diet
- Horses with seedy toe, white line separation or poor quality hooves
Each 25g dose contains:
DIRECTIONS OF USE
FOUNDERGUARD® should be administered at the full daily dose for at least 3 days prior to any dietary change that involves an increase in grain (starch) or pasture (sugar) intake.
FOUNDERGUARD® is presented as a palatable lucerne-based pellet. It can be fed alone or mixed into a feed.
- Individual horses: 5g FOUNDERGUARD® per 100kg bodyweight once daily
- Bulk feeding: 1kg FOUNDERGUARD® mixed into 250kg feed concentrate
Introduce the dose incrementally over 4 days starting at ¼-½ the daily dosage. Commencement at the full dosage may result in decreased feed intake during the first week of supplementation.
FOUNDERGUARD® can be fed alone or mixed with other feed ingredients to provide 5g FOUNDERGUARD®/100kg bodyweight per day (e.g. 25g/day for a horse weighing 500kg).
FOUNDERGUARD® can be fed once per day or in 2 equal feeds each of 2.5g/100kg bodyweight. The scoop provided contains approximately 25g when loosely filled. FOUNDERGUARD® can also be administered by inclusion in complete concentrate rations by thoroughly mixing 1kg FOUNDERGUARD® with each 250kg of feed.
- 1kg bucket: Provides 40 x 25g daily doses
- 5kg bucket: Provides 200 x 25g daily doses
based on a 500kg horse
Store below 30ºC (Room temperature) in a dry place. Protect from light. Reseal after use.